[WT-support] MAC keyboard - INS key is missing

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Nov 20 21:11:49 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Valdas, VE3VO <ve3lbq at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I wonder if anybody use Mac keyboard with WT.  I like the keyboard but
> not sure how to redefine INS key which doesn’t exist on this keyboard but
> instead there is a “fn” key in the same spot. I tried to redefine it with WT
> although it seems it does not recognize “fn” key as a valid key.....Would
> anybody have any suggestions?

I did some Google searching and found various suggestions depending on the
style of Mac keyboard:

Help Key
Home Key
Fn-m
Ctrl-Fn-m
Ctrl-Fn-Return

See this link<http://getsatisfaction.com/oreilly/topics/the_great_insert_key_mystery>
.

Also "Command key works as the Windows key, the Option key as the Alt key,
the Help key as the Insert key, and the Clear key as the Num Lock key"
from this
link<http://askville.amazon.com/Mac-keyboard-button-acts-windows-Pause-Break/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=61154515>
.

Whichever button Win-Test thinks is INSERT you can remap (suggestion: define
the semicolon (;) as a replacement for Insert).

If using Win-Test 4.2 or later, you can use a LUA script to do the function
of Insert, and assign the Script to any key that you like.