[WT-support] MAC keyboard - INS key is missing

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 21 02:38:18 CET 2009

I guess you are trying to use the Script Manager to assign keys.  Instead of
that, use the DEFINEKEYS text command to remap a key (that's a shortcut for
Tools | Redefine Keyboard keys).  You can map the [ ; ] key to do the
function of [Insert] there, no need to use the Scripts dialog.  All you have
to do is figure out which key Win-Test thinks is the Insert key on your Mac
keyboard.  Try pressing the Mac HELP key or the HOME key.  Win-Test will
display the result after you do the remapping.  If you see "INSERT" in the
right hand column of the dialog, you have found the correct key.

Delete the keyboard remappings you added using the Scripts dialog, so that
they will not interfere.

Just see this section<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Tools#Redefine_keyboard_keys>of
the Wiki for step-by-step instructions and some good examples of
keyboard
remapping for keys that provide less strain than the default keys, for the
most-used message functions.

If you still have problems getting it to do what you want, send me a screen
shot of your dialog window.