[WT-support] Support Digest, Vol 63, Issue 16

Steve and Judy hodgson at cytanet.com.cy
Tue Nov 10 08:11:40 CET 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:06:08 +0200
> From: "Steve and Judy" <hodgson at cytanet.com.cy>
> Subject: [WT-support] UDX Contest
> To: <support at win-test.com>
>

> The fix is ok for users of V4.0 but not much good for V3.27 users like me.
> I booted up the contest using V3.24.0 DEV which I had in my file then
> manually changed the Oblasts, a bit of a tedious job if you have a lot of
> contacts. The pain is eased though by watching your score increase.
>
> If you have not got a copy of V3.24 and need one, let me know and I will
> send one to you.
>
> 73  Steve  ZC4Li

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:42:14 +0100
> From: Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr>
> Subject: Re: [WT-support] UDX Contest
> To: support at win-test.com
>
> Hi
>
> Steve and Judy a ?crit :
>
>> a bit of a tedious job if you have a lot
>> of contacts.
>
> This tedious work can be easily done by text editor "search and replace"
> on the Cabrillo file :
>
> C9 -> CN
> 089 -> DN
> 080 -> DO
> H1 -> HA
> H5 -> HE
> K0 -> KO
> L3 -> LV
> 9I -> NI
> 008 -> OD
> P0 -> PO
> 005 -> TE
> 3I -> VI
> Z1 -> ZA
>
> And reimport it to get the correct score.
>
> 73
>
> Larry - F6FVY

Larry, I presume that you mean I should use a text editor such as
Notepad or Word on the Cabrillo file produced by Win-Test after
the contest.
If so this would be just as tedious as editing the existing log file as
I would still have to edit each separate Oblast. I could not use the
Replace All feature as this would then then make a complete
and utter mess of the whole file.
Do you know of some way that I could just edit the Oblast column
using these text editors ? if so would you please enlighten me.

73 Steve  ZC4Li