[WT-support] Hearing Keyer

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 10 03:57:26 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Gerard Jendraszkiewicz
<jend at uchicago.edu>wrote:

> I am using Win-Test 4.2. SO2R advanced, radio #1, K3, radio 2 FT-1000MP
> Field. Interface MicroHam MK2R+
>
> When some one asks for fills how do I hear the monitor from the radio ?
> I was using the paddle and could not hear the sidetone ??

This is actually controlled by the MK2R Router settings, not Win-Test.

In the *Functions* tab, under HEADPHONE SWITCHING, check both *Auto* and *
Monitor*,

Then you can set:

* Manual TX on R1*:  Left ear R1, Right ear R1
* Manual TX on R2*:  Left ear on R2, Right ear on R2

"Manual TX" means "sending via paddles."  Finally, press *Store*, and then
press *Apply* to make it actually take effect in the box.  You might also
want to select *Device*, *Store as Power-up Settings* in the Router menu.