[WT-support] Support Digest, Vol 63, Issue 16

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 10 11:03:19 CET 2009

Hi Steve

Steve and Judy a écrit :

> If so this would be just as tedious as editing the existing log file as
> I would still have to edit each separate Oblast. I could not use the
> Replace All feature as this would then then make a complete
> and utter mess of the whole file.
> Do you know of some way that I could just edit the Oblast column
> using these text editors ? if so would you please enlighten me.

Two options :

1/ Use a TRUE text editor (ConTEXT for example) that has the possibility
to select columns of text, and do a global "Search and Replace" in the
selection.

2/ You can also search for " C9 " (note the leading and trailing
spaces), and replace by " CN " (spaces here too). This will ensure it
will NOT replace string in callsigns for example. The only drawback is
the replacement of the numbers like " 089 ", because it also exists for
sent report @ QSO #089.