[WT-support] Mult station reported freq

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Mar 30 07:33:53 CEST 2009

2009/3/29 Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i at contesting.com>

> Hi Bob...thanks for the note...we are using 3 stations on 40m and 20m...a
> Running station, a Multiplier station that works Mults and other stuff not
> in the log and a Partner station...if I set the Mult station as Run support
> and the Partner as Run Support, then all three stations look and act like
> partners...the Mult station is typing calls in his field and they display on
> the Partner and the Run...this is an action I don't want...I need the Mult
> station to have his own idenity...but I dont want the Mult station to report
> his freq to the network...thats the problem...we use the Run station to pass
> to, not the mult station who is moving around all the time...thanks de Rick

Three "stations" all on the same band?  I hope everyone is taking care to
keep one and only one transmitted signal per band, as required by the rules.

I still don't understand why it is so important to "hide" the so-called
"MULT" PCs from the Status window.   Is it because stations are being passed
to the wrong frequency?

You can add additional visual clues to the Status window to indicate which
station is which.  For example, you could use station names such as:

40MAIN  (Enter RUN and NOSUPPORT)
40SUPP (Enter RUN SUPPORT)
40MULT (Enter MULT and NOSUPPORT)

(Provided these don't change during the contest).

You could also use a dummy PASSFREQ on the "MULT" station like 7111, 14111,
21111, etc., then select Display Options | QSY Freq to train your operators
to know which station is NOT the one accepting passes.

To summarize you'll now have three visual clues:  the station name (40MULT) the
"TYPE" column (M) and the QSY Freq column (21111).