[WT-support] WT RTTY (radio 1) window width - font size

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 2 16:08:46 CET 2009

Hi Art

Art Searle W2NRA a écrit :

> Thank you for the reply.  I am using 2 monitors, a 22 inch and a 20 inch,
> both wide screen monitors.  I find your suggestion unacceptable for RTTY
> contesting.

(snip)

 > From your reply I assume the programmers of Win-Test have no
> interest in addressing this problem.  Right?

I rather say it would be VERY LOW on our priorities of dvpt. You must
know that RTTY has been added on Win-Test more for convenience of users
who were using it for CW and Phone contesting. We added the majors RTTY
contests (CQWW, WPX, WAE) and some others, but we never claimed Win-Test
to be the best RTTY logger ever. Despite many users won their categories
in these contests with it ;-) They accepted the unacceptable, you see...

> This would be a shame because this program worked so well for me in the ARRL
> DX CW contest and, as I've written before, this software is so close to
> being an excellent SO2V RTTY contesting program.  It only needs to have
> Radio 2 read Radio 1 VFO B and commands to leave the radio in Dual receive
> all the time and something like Ctrl+Right Arrow and Ctrl+Left Arrow to
> switch transmit between VFO A and VFO B incorporated into switching between
> Radio 1 and Radio 2 commands.  Of course in SO2V Radio 1 and Radio 2 are the
> same radio but different VFOs.

You're very unlucky, as we also don't have any future plan to support
the SO2V soon :-(  We're currently considering the only way to go SO2x
is SO2R. We are totally conscious theses plans don't make everyone
happy, but, as we declared before, our aim is not Win-Test to be the
most used logger on the planet, but rather to try helping experienced
and demanding contesters to keep - or improve - their rankings.

That said, as you're a very recent user, if you feel that Win-Test
doesn't fill enough your expectations, we'll fully understand, and we're
of course ready to refund you. Contact us privately if needed.