[WT-support] New User

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Wed Jun 3 21:33:55 CEST 2009

Hi Bob
Thanks for the tips.
No, I was not using cut numbers (except for leading zeros up to 100).  My F2 is
programmed almost that way, actually +599-$SERIAL . What I really am looking for is the
Farnsworth spacing. I am using a Sony VAIO (no LPT) connected to a microham MKII via USB
2.0.
As forr the + delay, maybeit is caused by disk activity. Does win-key saves the data
after every QSO?
Marcelo, PY1KN
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM, <marcelo at alternex.com.br> wrote: > > I found the outgoing serial numbers a bit crammed. Maybe it is just an
>> impression, but I had an unusual high number of repeat requests. >> > > Were you sending "cut numbers" via Options |
CW | Serial Number | > Abbreviated ? Cut numbers confuse many operators, and
you will often be > asked for repeats. You can use the text command NOABBREV to
disable this. > > Is there any parameter anywhere (wintest, winkey) to
insert a tiny fraction >> of a second between each figure of the S/N? > > > No, but you can program [F2] with > >
$RST -$SERIAL+ > > to send the serial number 4 WPM slower than the
"5NN". > > WinKey has a Farnsworth mode that puts extra
spaces between every character, > but WinTest doesn't give you any way to
temporarily switch it on and off. > > I also had a small but annoying
delay between pressing the + key and the >> start of transmission. >> Maybe I need a faster computer, maybe it&rsquo;s the time to process the >> $CORRECT. It is >> really annoying in fast pile-ups. >
> > Check your [+] message for leading blanks before the
"TU". Also, how slow > is your computer (CPU, RAM, Operating System)?
Are you using a WinKey USB? > Is it connected to a USB 2.0 port or USB 1.1? Are
you logging to a slow > drive (flash memory or floppy disk)? > > Does the delay go away if you disable the WinKey and use LPT keying? If you > use the SOUND command to monitor CW, do you still hear the delay? > > 73, > Bob, N6TV >
_______________________________________________ > Support mailing list > Support at win-test.com >