[WT-support] Ver 4, SO2R, WinkeyerUSB

sm5ajv at qrq.se sm5ajv at qrq.se
Fri Jul 24 08:30:23 CEST 2009

I have had the same experience with WT 3.x.x and want to add that
the PTT-signals of the WinKeyerUSB is not supported when you try
to use SO2R.

I reported this in May 2008:
http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2008-May/075814.html

WinKeyerUSB together with using RTS/DTR-signals in the serial
interface with a few relays will make an inexpensive
SO2R-box for the audio. I have tried this myself and
you can make it work very nicely using SO2R scenarios etc.
In addition to that you will need two separate RS232-connectors
to the transceivers.

It would be even better if the PTT-signals of the WKUSB are
supported.

Please implement the PTT-signals and also support the PTT Lead/Tail
command. The tail is essential to control if you want to be pick
up those "quick responders" on CW.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E