[WT-support] V4.0 ESM functionality

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 10 21:26:28 CEST 2009

Bob

I hadn't realised that this was the case until I read your message and
tried it- you are right of course.

I have to agree that this is bad practice. I am also comfortable with
tabbing ( space works as well) to the exchange field to enter the
received exchange, and I think this is desirable so that corrections to
the call can easily be made. As you might know N1MM doesn't allow this,
and one has to tab. back to the callsign field to make corrections,
otherwise one gets out of sync. and garbage is sent! So WT is better,
but as you highlight if a fill is requested you then have to start
hunting for the right F key( s) to stab and this tends to negate the
whole point of ESM. I suspect this may well be because WT users to date
have no experience of ESM and may not be familiar with good practice in
the mode. This is understandable of course, so let us hope that
improvements can be mad in future releases, or at least that the option
to do it " our way" can be added.

73

Clive
GW3NJW