[WT-support] V4.0 ESM functionality

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 10 23:37:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Bob Henderson <bob at 5b4agn.net> wrote:

> What I find with Win-Test ESM is
>
> Cursor in empty call field....CQ message sent
> Cursor and call in call field....Exchange sent
>
> However.....
>
> The cursor never leaves the Call field unless I tab to the exchange field.
> This is fine but at the next press of the return key with the cursor still
> in the Call field the terminator is sent.  This is not what I would expect.
> What if I am asked for a repeat?  While the cursor remains in the Call field
> with a Call, I would expect the exchange to be sent.  As many times as I
> press return.

In the Alpha release of Win-Test they distributed ESM.WTS (a Lua script you
put in the Application-Data\Win-Test\scripts directory).  Inside it had a
function:

function sendExchangeAgain()
    if (wtQso:IsModePhone()) then
        wtApp:SendFKey("F2");
    else
        wtKeyer:Play("$F5 $F7"); -- $LOGGED ?
    end;
end;

Which seems rather odd.  So I changed it to

function sendExchangeAgain()
    wtApp:SendFKey("F2");
end;

and now ESM resends the exchange as you wish.  Once ESM.WTS is officially
released, I think you'll be able to customize ESM mode to a great extent
with very minor changes.

FYI, if someone wants the cursor to move when you press [Enter], add the
mesage variable $SPACEBAR to your [Insert] message.