[WT-support] Rotator

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jul 7 22:45:54 CEST 2009

   1. Start, All Programs, Win-Test 4, wtRotators
   2. Start, All Programs, Win-Test 4, Win-Test
   3. Type a call and press [Ctrl-F12]
   4. You should see a message in the wtRotators window: "Set DCU-1 rotator
   to: 031" or similar.
   5. If not, Options, Win-Test Network properties.
   6. Is "Disable Communications With Win-Test" checked?  If so, remove the
   check mark.
   7. For running everything on a single computer, I suggest using the
   loopback address in *both *Win-Test and wtRotators:  *127.255.255.255*
   8. Controllers, Edit, [name of your rotator]
   9. Is "Rotations Limits" checked?  If appropriate, remove the check mark.
   10. Is a "Heading range" defined?  If so, remove the range.
   11. Question:  what is the difference between "Rotations Limits" and
   "Heading range"?
   12. Finally, select Controllers, Initialize
   13. Fire up Win-Test, enter a callsign and press [Alt-F12] or [Ctrl-F12]
   and report the results.  Do you see the message described in Step 4?  Does
   the rotator turn?

I don't have a computer-controlled rotator, so I can't try this myself.
When I select Windows, Rotators, I don't see anything other than the three
tabs in the tiny rotators window, which seems odd.  But when I type a call
and press [Ctrl-F12], I do see a message in other program, in the wtRotators
window, so I know the two programs are communicating.