[WT-support] Icom IC-275, No Rig Control with USB > Serial convertor

gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 1 15:34:47 CEST 2009

Hi all.

I've searched the archives to no avail.

I've changed my laptop from one with a real serial port to one without by
necessity.

I cannot setup my IC-275 with the USB - serial adaptor at all. No matter
what settings I use, it doesn't respond. I have several USB - Serial
convertors and have tried them all. I can control my FT2000 and K3 with
Wintest and this laptop by using these cables, but not the IC-275.

I am completely familiar with virtual ports etc but cannot seem to get the
IC-275 working.

Has anybody else managed?  If so, what exact settings do you use please?

The laptop is a Lenovo (formerly IBM) T60. I have also tried on other
laptops with no joy.

Thanks.

Gordon
MM0GPZ