[WT-support] SO2R on 2 networked computers

I4UFH HRS i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com
Wed Jan 28 23:02:13 CET 2009

I still belive that the network lockout is not the final solution, as Tom as
developed an HW solution with external
memory with pushbuttons to solve his needs, the addition of a software
lockout culd not fix the SSB ot RTTY PTT
that most of the time the PTT line is dropped on a different COM Port that
the CW Port, because most of time
the software, without any smart interfaces, don't really know when exactly
the PTT line is dropped from MMTTY
or footswicth.

I will add some more issues into a software only interlock solutions related
to need is some setup to have some kind
of PTT key sequence were u need to know that ur devices ( SO2R antenna
sharing, Split Powers, Beverage Switch )
had properly switch, before the 2d radio start to transmit.

Probable one solution that can be a smart solution for both needs, is to
allow the software to know exactly when the PTT
lines are ready simply using the DCD of a COM port, ( the CW one ? ) . In
this way the Software knows what to do
in the right time and can sync the networked radios, in any mode.

73 de Fabio I4UFH