[WT-support] SO2R on 2 networked computers

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Thu Jan 29 00:25:16 CET 2009

I will add some more issues into a software only interlock
solutions related
to need is some setup to have some kind
of PTT key sequence were u need to know that ur devices (
SO2R antenna
sharing, Split Powers, Beverage Switch )
had properly switch, before the 2d radio start to
transmit.>>>

Years ago I designed something like that for Ameritron, the
RCS-12 control head. That control head has a band decoder
and prevents the wrong antenna on the wrong band, locks out
the amplifier when transmitting if an antenna is being
changed, and also prevents an antenna change while
transmitting. No bad relays or arcing band switches or
capacitors when using them.

I added the RCS-12 to my station for all antennas because
operators will always, sooner or later, pick the wrong
antennas or change antennas or directions of antennas while
transmitting.

I am working on an interface now to alert operators they
have sat on one antenna in one direction too long, or have
selected a bad or mismatched combination of antennas.

<<<Probable one solution that can be a smart solution for
both needs, is to
allow the software to know exactly when the PTT
lines are ready simply using the DCD of a COM port, ( the CW
one ? ) . In
this way the Software knows what to do
in the right time and can sync the networked radios, in any
mode.>>>

Good idea if someone will do it.

Better than the way I do it now.

73 Tom