[WT-support] WT winkey MK{2R} problems

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 27 04:06:18 CET 2009

2009/1/26 Nick F5VIH/SV3SJ <f5vih at sinanis.com>

> The table is stable and I am very calm during a contest :-))) Though, I'll
> try to crosscheck the big-bang theory you suggest, next time :-)

:-)

> The problem occurs with a fairly high chance at the very startup of WT (and
> synergy). Sometimes several restarts (wt, router and MK2R) are needed. It
> never occurs once wt is running!

Oh, so it is only a start-up issue?  Do you have the WinKey sending CW while
you start Win-Test, then it halts?  I think Win-Test or microHAM router does
a Win-Key "reset" when it initializes communications at start-up, so that
could cancel active CW.  You can see this by pressing the microHAM [MON]
(monitor) button next to the WinKeyer2 port, then on the next panel click
[Start], then start Win-Test.

Capturing this Winkeyer2 log data is very valuable for diagnosing WinKey
problems.