[WT-support] Suggestion: Option to show DXCC NOT needed

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 26 22:27:10 CET 2009

2009/1/26 Ron Castro <ronc at sonic.net>

>  Is there a way to display DXCC countries NOT needed?  In the 160 contest
> this past weekend, I worked a total of 17 countries, and it seemed like too
> much clutter to scroll through all 338 DXCC entities to figure out if
> I already worked a country.  I was pretty sure I hadn't worked P5, KH1, T5,
> 7O, etc. on 160 in the contest, so no need to see them on the screen with
> the other 317 entities I hadn't worked  ;~))

   1. Press [Alt-M] to display the "Worked DXCC" window
   2. Right Click on the window
   3. Select "Show in"
   4. Select "Inverse worked bands/modes order"

Worked countries will then sort to the top (within each continent).

This feature might be easier to find if it was labeled "Sort by" instead of
"Show in", and "Countries worked" instead of "Inverse worked bands/modes
order".

You can also use the "Check Multipliers" window (press [F10]) to see if you
need a specific county.  Just type the country prefix in the callsign field
and press spacebar.  If the "Check Multipliers" window is blank, you need
the country.  Win-Test also displays  ** New Country ** in a message at the
bottom of the screen.