[WT-support] FSK key and EZMASTER

Carlos Neves (CT3FQ) ct3fq at ct3team.com
Mon Jan 26 13:03:09 CET 2009

Thanks again Bob for your help.

Well Bob, I wish ezmaster works like microham MK2R device with win-test.

Please, let me explain better my problem...

I have all setup correct, as is in the wiki win-test documents.  In
win-test menu "configure interfaces" I have chose "ezmaster" in COM1,
and, in the "ezmaster configuration"  option,  I have checked  the DTR
and RTS  ( see http://www.ct3team.com/downloads/ezmaster1.png),  as you
can see, win-key is disable, and there is a  YAESU in radio A, and  an
ICOM in radio B (http://www.ct3team.com/downloads/ezmaster2.png).

For FSK I use the COM2 connected to the AUX ezmaster.  I have to run
two instances of MMTTY, one for Radio A  (left  audio) and other to
Radio B (right audio) configured with NONE in MMTTY "Radio command"
and    EXTFSK defined to TX. Please note that  EXTFSK has  DTR for FSK
and RTS to PTT ( I don't use TXD!).  For your information I'm running
EXTFSK over a Eterlogic virtual comm (COM3)
(http://www.ct3team.com/downloads/mmtty.png)  because I need to have two
EXTFSKs running  in the same real COM2
(http://www.ct3team.com/downloads/vspe.png), one for radio A, and other
for Radio B.

This configuration works for me in all modes, and was   the only way
that I have found  to  run RTTY SO2R with  win-test with only 2 cables
connected to the ezmaster. (http://www.ct3team.com/downloads/win-test.png).

Last sunday, I decided to eliminated another cable connection and try
EXTFSK direct in the same USB cable of ezmaster. Why not?  I have the
working example of CW mode that keys the two radios with DTR and RTS (
remember that I have win-key option disable, because it doesn't works
for me in CW). I have changed the two  EXTFSK on a new virtual COM
shared with ezmaster and win-test. When I saw the ezmaster red PTT led,
and Data led blinking, I was happy! Unfortunately, I have PTT but no FSK
data to the radios.

After a timewaste of hours doing ezmaster firmware downgrades and
upgrades to  fix the bug (?), I decided to ask for help in this mail list...

I don't know if in future  win-test will provide  FSK key  via EZMASTER
USB connection and use  MMTTY engine only for RX .. or even  a better
solution? Let's see the next win-test releases for RTTY contests...

73