[WT-support] FSK key and EZMASTER

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 26 05:22:22 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 2:52 PM, ct3fq at ct3team.com <ct3fq at ct3team.com>wrote:

> With two serial ports, all works well for me. If we have the ezmaster in
> COM1 and the EXTFSK in COM2,  win-test, ezmaster and FSK  works fine
> with  an  extra  cable  to Ezmaster AUX port!
>
> I have tested a standalone  MMTTY   with Ezmaster and it works without
> any problem, but with win-test  fails...  I'm not sure, but I think  the
> problem is a  Ezmaster firmware bug ( I have the 1.40 RTTY version
> without the FSK board option). Win-test uses Ezmaster in ADVANCED MODE,
> and in this  mode  the FSK   doesn't didles  the RTTY mode (The PTT
> works and the Data Led blinks  but no FSK data to the radios).  If we
> changed ezmaster mode   to STANDARD or EXTENDED, the FSK begins keying
> the radios without any problem, but  win-test   stops sending CAT
> commands ... I'm not a software expert but  a simple solution  will be
> a DTR or RTS  redirect    to the ezmaster FSK pin out when  win-test
> was in RTTY mode.
>
> My goal is to use  the Ezmaster   serial device  with win-test for FSK
> keying! It's possible?

I'm not an EZMaster expert, but assuming it works similarly to the microHAM
boxes, this should be possible.  What is the difference between Standard,
Extended, and Advanced mode, and why do you have to use Advanced?

Without seeing all the detailed SETUP screens for all the software,
(Win-Test, EZmaster, and MMTTY) it is very difficult to diagnose what is
wrong.  What radio are you using?  What COM port is Win-Test using for rig
control?  What COM port is connected to your CAT port?  What port is being
used for PTT?  What port is being used for FSK?  Did you set Radio Port to
"None" in MMTTY?

Are you trying to use the same COM port in Win-Test for both radio control
and PTT?  I don't think you want to use DTR and RTS in Win-Test at all.
 Only let MMTTY control those pins.

If you can please post some screen shots to the web somewhere (large
attachments don't make it to this reflector), maybe we can see the problem.
 Just press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-PrintScreen to Copy the active window to the
Windows clipboard, then Paste into Windows Paint, then save as a .PNG file.
 Do this for every setup screen.

If that is not convenient, please list every com port, real or virtual, and
tell us what is connected to it, and what you are specifying in Win-test
SETUP and MMTTY.