[WT-support] erratic CW sending V 37.1

John Crovelli w2gd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:55:36 CET 2009

Bob,

I"m using WT 3.27.1 and for the first time ran into a CW problem at the start of this year's CQWW CW at P40W

The computer is a Dell Laptop, 1.6 mhz, 1/2 meg of RAM.

The computer had been on continuously for 4 days prior to the contest start.  When I attempted to send CW with the computer (I use an LPT connection), everything sounded 'clipped' like the weight control was way too light.

The fix was to clean the temporary internet files and everything else that CCleaner eradicates and  then reboot the computer.   All was well the rest of the weekend but it was a real shock to hear the clipped code at the beginning of the contest, there was no way I could do the contest the way it sounded......and then the time required to make it work correctly ...... was agonizing at the start of the contest.  :-)

GL and 73,

John W2GD aka P40W