[WT-support] erratic CW sending with internet

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Dec 15 01:33:43 CET 2009

I am kind of puzzled by these reports because I never had a timing problem
running Win-Test 3 with LPT port keying even on slow PCs.  But since then I
started using a WinKey (comes with MK2R+).

The only time I could make LPT CW sound funny was when tried to use the
mouse to select a Win-Test menu item while it was sending.  Other than that,
the CW was perfect.

But I agree, 256 KB RAM is way too little to run anything on Windows XP; the
result will be lots of memory paging and disk I/O and that will slow
everything down.

Is everyone seeing a new issue in Win-Test 4 having to do with poor CW
timing when using LPT or COM port keying instead of a WinKey?