[WT-support] WPX SSB S/N bug

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Apr 8 02:17:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Tom W8JI <w8ji at w8ji.com> wrote:

> So we are stuck with a little logging problem. When the mult
> radio is on the same band as the run radio it is considered
> to be the same as the run radio, except both can not emit RF
> at the same moment of time.
>
> Anyone have any suggestion how to work around the logging
> problem?

If you used the PCs named "STN1" and "STN2" 100% of the time as the Run/Mult
station on the same band, and the PC named "STN3" 100% of time as the true
"other band" mult station, and the PCs never changed roles during the
contest, then it is possible to fix the Cabrillo file with some fancy
cut/paste.  You have to select ".TXT" file in the WRITELOG menu, and select
station ID for export.  The procedure is easy if you know how to use a fancy
text editor, otherwise it is hard.  If you did things this way and you send
me your .wtb file,   I can do it for you.

If the PCs were switched roles during the contest, first you will have to
identify apparent "band change violations" by selecting from the Win-Test
menu:  Tools | Check Log.  To change a "Mult" QSO to a "Run" QSO, put the
cursor on that QSO and press either [Alt-Y] or [Ctrl-F3] to toggle the QSO
type.  You should see the last column change.  After everything is corrected
and Check Log reports no more errors, do a WRITELOG to write a new Cabrillo
file (careful, it overwrites any edits you manually made to the old Cabrillo
file).