[WT-support] W-T and AFSK

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Fri Sep 19 10:53:17 CEST 2008

Hi Lup,

> TNX for the hint Werner.....
> But no change in behavior. I defined a bandplan without RTTY and one with RTTY
> over the full band: no change, after a band change with Alt 1/2 i am in RTTY LSB
> again. I tried to define other modes, but MMTTY will not load without digital or
> RTTY definition.

how about defining RTTY in the upper corner of the band?
so: SSB is defined for e.g. 14000-14345, and RTTY 14345..14350.
So WT means that 14076 = SSB and should put the trx to SSB and not RTTY.
and as RTTY is defined also, MMTTY should load.

There still could be a problem with USB or LSB setting.

> What about a PSK31 contest? That means i cant use my new notebook
> with WT in RTTY AFSK. It has no LPT or (real) COM Ports.

I don't know if USB-to-Serial-Adapters will work, but most should, I guess.

> MTTY alone can do the job even without extra PTT-Line and with
> a very simple interface consisting of two audiotransformers only.

I personally don't have that problem as I'm using a microham microkeyerII,
so only USB between the keyer/af-interface is needed, but this gives other
problems, hi :)

73's de Werner DL4NER
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier