[WT-support] $Variables not working on SSB

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Mon Oct 27 22:15:38 CET 2008

$variables worked ok for me with 3.22. Have not tried the 3.23 yet - maybe there is a problem... Anyhow, it did not seem to be disturbing you in any way as the result shows, Toni:)

I am very happy with my WT and now problems at all this weekend for 48h straight. But once I am speaking here then some very small bugs I have noticed:

1. When you make new log file the Default setting for the Overlay is "Radio Club". Is that intended?? I always have to correct that back to no Overlay.
2. The infamous and completely useless but funny SSB Graph:) It always comes up as default for new file and has to be closed. And when you want to close it then the menu that you open with the right mouse button does not stay on like it should but activates the Color... right away. So you actually have to keep button pressed and drag the cursor to Close. I am sure that that is not intended, is it? After all maybe it can be removed from the default windows setup.

New features that I was thinking about during this contest:

1. The XSWAP - swapping frequencies in the network. I don't remember if you guys explained why it is not easy to put it into main version like we had in WRTC version. You even have the Exchange Frequency with... command line in the Status window but grayed out. XSWAP would be so good to use with 2 computers. And I (like many more I guess) am using 2 computers with two keyboards for SO2R. I find it much more flexible and easier than one keyboard.

2. TX lock between networked computers. As recommended by someone previously in the list it would be a very powerful tool to have for Multi Op and also for 2 PC SO2R. Right now I have manual ESC button system and it also works but it would be really a noble thing to have in software.

By the way, after using WT now for a few years after TR Log I actually don't miss the ESM mode so much any more:) I guess I can live without it...

73
Tonno
es5tv