[WT-support] $Variables not working on SSB

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 27 22:49:51 CET 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com>wrote:

> 2. The infamous and completely useless but funny SSB Graph:)

It is *not* useless if you are using the sound card DVK. It gives you a
visual indication that a voice message is playing back, and when you record
a new CQ using [Shift-F1], it lets you know if the mic. gain is too high
(red area lights up).

> It always comes up as default for new file and has to be closed. And when
> you want to close it then the menu that you open with the right mouse button
> does not stay on like it should but activates the Color... right away. So
> you actually have to keep button pressed and drag the cursor to Close.

I cannot replicate this behavior.  Right click in the middle of the bar and
let go.  Pop-up window displays.  Left click "Close".  Window closes. It
doesn't go to Colors.  Are you using a trackball or laptop touch pad?  They
can be difficult to use.

New features that I was thinking about during this contest:

> 1. The XSWAP - swapping frequencies in the network. I don't remember if you
> guys explained why it is not easy to put it into main version like we had in
> WRTC version. You even have the Exchange Frequency with... command line in
> the Status window but grayed out. XSWAP would be so good to use with 2
> computers. And I (like many more I guess) am using 2 computers with two
> keyboards for SO2R. I find it much more flexible and easier than one
> keyboard.
>
> 2. TX lock between networked computers. As recommended by someone
> previously in the list it would be a very powerful tool to have for Multi Op
> and also for 2 PC SO2R. Right now I have manual ESC button system and it
> also works but it would be really a noble thing to have in software.

I'd love to try "two-keyboard" mode some time.  I wonder, since anyone can
plug a USB keyboard into a laptop, and use both of them at the same time, is
there any way for a Windows program to determine, via software, which one is
being used?  If so, one could dedicate the USB keyboard to "main" and the
laptop keyboard for "Radio 2", and you wouldn't need two computers.

Does anyone know if there is a Windows application that supports this?