[WT-support] Splits on 40

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Oct 27 07:27:02 CET 2008

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
> OK good, you told us everything we need to know for a bug report, except
> the version of Win-Test that you are using.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV
>
> 2008/10/26 Robert Pack, NX5M <nx5m at txcyber.com <mailto:nx5m at txcyber.com>>
>
>     Let me rephrase this.  Bear with me....I am a little tired
>     eventhough this weekends CQWW effort was not a serious one.
>
>     If the 1000D is not set to split, click on the first spot (*DR1A for
>     example) all is well.  Main VFO goes to his transmit frequency and
>     sub VFO goes to his listening frequency and split is all set up and
>     ready to go.
>
>     If the 1000D is still set up on split after clicking *DR1A, and I
>     click on another *type spot like *CT9P, the radio remains on the
>     frequency that DR1A was transmitting on while the sub VFO moves
>     to the correct listening frequency for CT9P.  It does not change and
>     stay on the transmit frequency of CT9P.

--- 8< --- [snip]

Hi -

Thanks for this valuable report. I need more informations on the radios
which are affected by this problem. According to the comments on the
mailing list, at least FT-1000D + FT1000MP + FT920 are affected. I
suspect this bug to be applied with all of the double VFO Yeasu radios.

Can someone who owns a Yaesu with only a 'single' VFO confirm that split
operation goes well with?

Olivier / f5mzn