[WT-support] help with aditional messages

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Nov 28 20:16:52 CET 2008

2008/11/28 Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge at adinet.com.uy>

>   I need your help with aditional messages. I have enter aditional
> messages in options / cw / modify aditional messages, but  how  I send
> them. Just presing F1 sends the standard message of F1.

If you press [F1] while the additional messages screen is up, it will send
the indicated messages.  To send any of the additional messages, you have to
press [Alt-C] and [F1].  Unfortunately, there's no way to use DEFINEKEYS to
make a one-key substitute for these functions, but see this
post<http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-November/074916.html>the
talks about using another program called AutoHotKey.

> And how can I write a message in the MULT station that sends PSE QSY
> xx.xxx  where xx.xxx is the frecuency of the RUN station, it´s possible?

Unfortunately no, there's no automatic way to do this yet.  It would might
be nice if there were message variables like $FREQP and $FREQS to do it.
Perhaps it would be even nicer if the [Alt-D] "Pass a Mulitplier"
screen<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Multi-op/Passing>would be
enhanced to send the QSY message.  It would be nice if you could
just press [Alt-D] 40 for example, to pass a station to 40m, and Win-Test
would do the rest, including figuring out which station in a multi is
currently on 40m.

So in the mean time, press [Alt-J] to view the status window, so you can see
the frequency of every station, and use [Alt-K] keyboard mode to send the
QSY message, or via the addtional CW messages Window,

[Alt-C] [F1] PSE QSY 1826
[Alt-C] [F2] PSE QSY 3526

(not very convenient, is it).