[WT-support] Problem with MK2R+ Voice codec

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Nov 26 00:28:31 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Toni Lindén <oh2ua at oh2u.com> wrote:

> So after connecting MK2R+ for the 1st time, everything seemed to be
> OK. Went to control panel -> sounds and changed back Windows default
> audio devices.
>
> Then, when going to Router, I'd notice from Audio Mixer tab that I
> after selecting USB Voice Codec for mic in, I couldn't select sampling
> rate but every time it gave me Level Monitor warning saying that "Use
> level meter only for level checking without running logger or digital
> modes program. Turn them off before you start logger".

I'm not sure if I understand exactly, but *before* you start Win-Test, you
should be able to change "Sampling" to OFF on both sides of the Audio Mixer
Tab.  If you can't do it because it is gray, that sounds like a bug in the
Router software.  A Screen shot would help (but note the reflector has a 20K
(?) message size limit, so post it elsewhere.

Are all the "green lights" on in that tab?  Make sure the left side says
"USB Voice CODEC" and the right side says "USB Audio Codec".

Anyone else had same problem? I don't have any other programs running
> at the same time than Router and WT.

Exit WT, then try again.