[WT-support] Problem with MK2R+ Voice codec

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Wed Nov 26 00:06:25 CET 2008

Hi!

Sorry, might not be Win-Test issue...

I'd set up new laptop and noticed some strange behavior of Voice codec
when using MK2R+.

So after connecting MK2R+ for the 1st time, everything seemed to be
OK. Went to control panel -> sounds and changed back Windows default
audio devices.

Then, when going to Router, I'd notice from Audio Mixer tab that I
after selecting USB Voice Codec for mic in, I couldn't select sampling
rate but every time it gave me Level Monitor warning saying that "Use
level meter only for level checking without running logger or digital
modes program. Turn them off before you start logger".

When going to Windows control panel, plugged off USB cable,
uninstalled USB Voice codec and plugged on USB cable again, it worked
as it should for couple of minutes after going back to same situation.
Also tried to reboot and did the same steps again with same results.

Anyone else had same problem? I don't have any other programs running
at the same time than Router and WT.

Using Asus eee PC 901 with Win XP Home, SP3
MicroHam router version 7.1.5 and MK2R+ with latest FW.

73 de Toni, OH2UA