[WT-support] COM port PTT for MMTY

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 4 06:08:19 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Gordon Hardman <
gordon at alpharadioproducts.com> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Yes, EXTFSK is in the MMTY directory.
>
> It keys just fine from MMTY when WT is not running.
>
> I think :-D  I followed the instructions from Getting Started correctly.
>
> If I totally disable the COM port in WT, it keys okay from WT. But then
> WT does not follow my QRG. Also, I cannot change bands from WT.  Must
> have something fundamental wrong.

You're trying to use the same COM port, a single COM port, for radio
frequency data, PTT, and FSK, all at the same time?

According to http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/BestPractice4#MMTTY :

"Select the TX tab and switch PTT port to COM8. The Radio Command button in
this setup screen will allow you to control the radio from within MMTTY.
This is not desired in this scenario so make sure it is *not configured* -
otherwise Win-Test would not have access to the radio COM port later."