[WT-support] statistics period in IOTA

Stewart Baker stewart at baker.nildram.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 17:59:21 CEST 2008

Regarding the MKII's RF sensitivity, have a look on the microHam
web site under Support. There is a modification to stop RF getting
in via the USB lead.

73
Stewart G3RXQ
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:43:08 +0300, Tõnno Vähk wrote:
> Hi, we ran ca 3350 Qs in IOTA and WT worked very well as always.
First time ever I used
> Micro Keyer II-s instead of EZMs and had many problems. It is
very sensitive to RF and
> we never managed to get the MIC audio right, it was distorted
even by not so close
> antennas and we had to route the Mic directly using MK only for
CW. We had good
> grounding and a lot of ferrites but that did not help. It seemed
as most of the RF came
> in through USB from computer but even heavy load of ferrites on
USB cable and removing
> all wires from computer did not fully help. Also had many
problems with Winkey in CW. I
> have used WT generated CW with EZMs and have had no problems.
Now with WK speed changes
> were frequent and some other smaller issues. Is this normal with
WK or how to avoid
> speed jumps? Also, how to use WT generated CW with MK, I tried
to configure it but no
> success. Can someone point out the correct configuration? I used
different virtual
> ports for Control, CAT, PTT and WinKey. Is that
> the right way to go?
>
> $NEXTSERIAL worked very well with WT - thanks again for that!
>
> But the only strange problem I have with WT is that the
statistics is shown only for
> period 12-24z and the other half of the contest is missing...
Any idea what I am doing