[WT-support] WT WTRotors Network protocol

I4UFH HRS i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com
Fri Jan 4 13:07:19 CET 2008

Hi Guys,

following an old answer of Oliver regarding the WTRotors application, showed
briefly in alpha stage last June, I want to know if are
there any new and progress about that.

We are planning to work on a General purpose antenna switch controller with
separate configurable keypad for each operating station networked toghether
, to integrate with the data supplied from WT.  The main idea is to have a
microcontroller network that manage data from WT and from the operating
station keypad enable this controller to select the proper
antenna/direction, even a TX or RX antenna. The application are from simply
RX antenna sharing or complex M2 antennas setup with multiple direction in
different band with Antomatic Antenna Switch for sharing towers betweens the
Station.

The main idea is to managing the switch of the antennas, not the rotors, (
well done from WTRotors .. sure ! ) with the capability of integrate a
keypad that can be user programmed to select the antennas sharing.

What actually slow down us is if the WTRotors and WT ( rotors only related )
protocol is stable and if can be pubblic published, just to integrate this
HW project.

Any further details about that ?

Any one interest on a similar project ?

73 de I4UFH

Hi -

We are currently working on a rotator support in Win-Test. I cannot give
so much details for the moment because it is still under developpement.

Basically all the controllers will be connected to one or more
computers. A "wtRotators" program will run on each computer to interface
the controller with the WT network.

This program will broadcast periodically Azimuth informations on the WT
network, including: the antenna name and azimuth, the stack the antenna
is part of (if any), the name of the rotator the antenna is turned by
and the name of the controller which is associated with the rotator.

 From WT, you will be able to send orders to turn the antenna. Two types
of order would be possible (this is not yet developped, I just have some
idea in my mind):

- automatic beaming, WT will send band and azimuth according to the
current QSO : the wtRotator program will have the responsability to
select which rotator(s) must be turned (regarding to its configuration)

- manual beaming, the op will be able to turn manually an antenna or a
stack.

I think that you will have all you need with that.

The rotator feature will be included in WT v4 which is not planned
before the end of this year.

Olivier / f5mzn