[WT-support] ARRL RTTY RoundUp

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Wed Dec 24 04:36:38 CET 2008

I'm getting ready to use W-T in the up-coming ARRL RTTY RoundUp, and
have some questions...

I want to create a message that confirms a Q with one station, then
immediately sends an exchange to another (both of them responded to my
CQ, and so I have both calls). Do to this, I need a message symbol
of the previously-logged call, so I can log one Q, then send a message
of the form:

    $13 $PREVCALL TU NOW $LOGGEDCALL $RST $STATE

Is there a symbol like "$PREVCALL"? If not, could this be added?

I'd really like a way to automatically clear RIT on my K3 when I call
CQ - perhaps by another special message symbol, but I don't see it... ?

How do I get W-T to assert PTT via the serial port to my K3? I have
it setup for RTS=PTT and DTR=CW, but the only way I can get RTTY
transmit is with VOX.

Is there an out-of-the-box way to do state/province pre-fill for the
RTTY RU contest? It doesn't appear to work using CTY_WT.DAT - maybe I
need another data file?

TIA for any hints...

     ~Iain / N6ML