[WT-support] ARRL RTTY RoundUp

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 24 05:23:46 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar at dseven.org>wrote:

> I want to create a message that confirms a Q with one station, then
> immediately sends an exchange to another (both of them responded to my
> CQ, and so I have both calls). Do to this, I need a message symbol
> of the previously-logged call, so I can log one Q, then send a message
> of the form:
>
>    $13 $PREVCALL TU NOW $LOGGEDCALL $RST $STATE
>
> Is there a symbol like "$PREVCALL"?

Not yet, only $PREVSERIAL (current QSO number minus 1).  See this
link<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Message_variables>for all the
available message variables.

> If not, could this be added?

Probably not soon enough for the contest (Jan 3), but it seems like a good
idea, though you'll have to press [Enter] to log station 1 before sending
the "TU" message and working station 2.

> I'd really like a way to automatically clear RIT on my K3 when I call
> CQ - perhaps by another special message symbol, but I don't see it... ?

We have been asking for $CLEARRIT or a $RADIO1/$RADIO2=hexstring variable
that would allow you to send any hex string to a radio, for a long time, but
they don't exist yet.

How do I get W-T to assert PTT via the serial port to my K3? I have
> it setup for RTS=PTT and DTR=CW, but the only way I can get RTTY
> transmit is with VOX.

Assuming you're using MMTTY, PTT is configured within the TX tab of MMTTY.
 See this link <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/RTTY#Setup_MMTTY_PTT_Comport>in
the Win-Test documentation.

Is there an out-of-the-box way to do state/province pre-fill for the RTTY RU
> contest? It doesn't appear to work using CTY_WT.DAT - maybe I need another
> data file?

Pre-fills are done via a database
file<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Database_Files>,
not the Country File CTY_WT_MOD.DAT (that's the best one to use by the way).
 But there does not appear to be a database file that will pre-fill the ARRL
RTTY RU.  Instead, if you have the data, you can use the "Extra Data
Files<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Extra_Information> "
feature to view a pop-up window.  Just create a text file with one callsign
per line and the expected exchange, and Win-Test will display the it in the
Extra Data window.  But, it does not get pre-filled.

By the way, did you get my private email about using CBS.EXE for generating
statistics for the OK DX RTTY?  I sent the message to your k6iam address
yesterday.