[WT-support] RSGB 80m Sprint contests

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 21:07:05 CEST 2008

Hi guys

An enhancement request!!

Following on from their very popular 'Club Championship' contests on 80m during the week, the RSGB has just started a series of SPRINT contests. Last year there were a couple of pilot runs (one CW, one SSB) and following their success, this year a full programme of RSGB 80m SPRINT contests has commenced. The programme is split between CW and SSB events and of course, other European stations are welcome to participate -  and many do! (RSGB contest calendar for 2008 is at http://www.vhfcc.org/hfcc/calendar07.shtml )

So far, the entrants using Win-Test have been using the EU Sprint option in contest-setup, however the format required for this RSGB contests is slightly different. I hope the example with column numbers below comes out ok:

QSO:    3520 CW 2008-08-14 1900 G4IRN           001 JOHN                 G3LIK            001 MICK
0           0      1    1                2      3                   4    4                        6                   7     7
1           7      2    5                6      1                   5    9                        1                   5     9

Just in case it doesn't, here it is in a vertical format:

QSO: col 01
3520 col 07
CW col 12
2008-08-14 col 15
1900 col 26
G4IRN (mycall) col 31
001(my sent s/n) col 45
JOHN (my name) col 49
G3LIK (loggedcall) col 61
001 (rec s/n) col 75
MICK (his name) col 79

Note that the RST columns are not required ! Serial numbers are retained. Names are exchanged rather than zone numbers.

Any chance please guys that this could be implemented as a new contest? You have been excellent with RSGB contests in the past... I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks. John/G4IRN.

PS - You were asking me - and in case you haven't seen it yet - http://www.gb7hq.com/GB5HQ-Summary-Scores.htm