[WT-support] PTT - CW - VOX

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Aug 19 20:02:09 CEST 2008

This sounds like a question for the Elecraft list, rather than the Win-Test
list.

Try http://n2.nabble.com/Elecraft-f365791.html

I found a lot of discussion about PTT and VOX that seems related to your
question, but no clear answer.

See http://n2.nabble.com/K3-PTT-CW-td468135.html#a468138

The manual says:

Hold QSK to select full break-in (QSK icon on) or semi break-in operation.

> VOX must be turned on in CW mode to enable both full and semi break-in
> operation. If PTT is selected (VOX icon off), transmit must be activated
> using PTT or by tapping XMIT.

I think the problem is that the K3 tries to force all external relays to
close before any CW comes out.  So in PTT mode, if you are key down, then
you press PTT, they can't enforce the keying delay, so they don't transmit?

My K3s should arrive soon, maybe then I can try it.