[WT-support] Configuring LPT and DX Doubler

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 11 15:34:28 CEST 2008

Hi Bruce

Bruce Elbert a écrit :

> With the port adaptor, the laptop has the parallel (DB-25) interface but the
> computer does not identify it as particular Port. So, I believe that
> Win-Test cannot use it.

Maybe Sony developed a printer-only (so-called) parallel port ?! And it
can't be used in another way (like the USB to // adapter I mentioned in
my previous post).

As Bob N6TV suggested, could you please indicate the complete model
reference of your Sony laptop please ?

> By the way, I tried DirectIO and it does not seem to recognize this parallel
> port either.

So, I'm afraid it's *not* a "legacy" // port.