[WT-support] No CW

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Apr 20 23:32:36 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Stewart GM4AFF <stewart at gm4aff.net> wrote:

> There is no CW sound at all (with sound on or off) and no CW keying on the
> serial line. No PTT either.
> Is there something which I have forgotten to do, or do I have a problem
> with
> my hardware here...?

It's hard to tell what you forgot to do without knowing what was entered
into the configuration panels.  Does your Prolific USB to serial converter
driver define some virtual COM ports?  Did you set Pin 4 to CW and Pin 7 to
PTT for these virtual COM ports, as shown in the Quick Start guide?

http://www.win-test.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=1630

Did you run Port95nt.exe to install dlportio.dll in your Win-Test directory
or elsewhere in the Path such as C:\Windows\System32 ?

Did you select a CW contest or press Ctrl-F1 to switch Win-Test to CW mode?