[WT-support] WAE thoughts

Paul Cassel paul at ve3sy.com
Mon Sep 10 23:42:31 CEST 2007

I have raised this issue before Tonno.

The "bug", as we both call it, is due to the unreasonably short Default Off
Time setting in WT.  You need to right click on the Rate window and set the
Off-Time to a more reasonable time such as 30 minutes which most contests
use.

Our M/S Input in WAE
Also used WT 3.16 without incident however I wonder if others were troubled
by the font choice in the QTC window?   For example, I found it very
difficult to differentiate between the 5 and S.  With many special event
calls having multiple digits such as (not used in this test) M2000A or a
G1OOA could possibly have been M200OA and G100A.   The QTC window seems to
be the only window that does not allow for choice of font/size etc.

The other small annoying item was the QTC entry screen.  WT knows exactly
how many QTC can be passed.  Even if say 5 were originally given and the
station returns for 5 more, WT knows it can only provide 5.  Based on this I
can see no valid use for the entry screen after initiating CTRL + L.

In a Multi Op operation, is there anyway for a station to hold a Q number?
Several times during the test a Q number were given only to have then
unknowingly grabbed by the other position.  I'm sure a few of these went
unnoticed which will result in a busted Q for the EU station....
comments/ideas welcome.

Other than the above I was very happy with the stability in our MS operation

Paul VE3SY
for DK9TN, VE3DZ, VE3EY