[WT-support] WAE thoughts

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Mon Sep 10 23:02:20 CEST 2007

3.16.0 worked great! QTC stuff was all fine. Some ideas just that passed my mind during the contest:

1. Would be nice to have possibility to use SSB messages for confirming each QTC QSO with ENTER (like R in CW) and also for VALIDATING to send the TU message.

2. Would be nice to have opportunity to use MASTER database for QTC calls - sometimes it would help to guess the calls in QRM. Wild idea but definitely would be useful although I realize the calls sent to me are sometimes miscopied and I should log the wrong calls then:)

General feature request:

I would love to be able to repeat also other messages besides F1. There are may cases when alternative CQ message has to be used from F2 for example (e.g. 40m split CQ) and then it is inconvinient to have to press it yourself continuously, especially in that slow contest like WAE while you have to spend a lot of time on 2nd Radio. Would it be possible to select any F message for AUTOCQ?

And one Cabrillo bug:

something is wrong with the OFF TIME calculation. It does not take into account the time of taking QTC-s I guess at all (although this is operating:) and also I calculated now and it did not notice the large off time at the end before the contest. Maybe it assumes there are QSOs on both ends... Anyway, it would be good to have thie OFF TIME calculation in the program somewhere so I could check continuously but it is not there now, is it?? I somewhat seemed to remember that it was there for WPX?

73
tonno
es5tv