[WT-support] WT 3.17 - Five ARRL Sweepstakes bugs

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 1 08:53:05 CET 2007

I finally had some time to test Win-Test for the ARRL Sweepstakes (this
weekend!), and I've opened the following five bug reports:

   1. Bug Report
#147<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=147&do=details>:
   Section abbreviation bugs -
   - NT will be recognized as NTX (North Texas) instead of as Northern
      Territories.
      - NWT ("Northwest Territories") will not be recognized as NT.
      - NF (New Foundland) will not be recognized as NL (New Foundland
      / Labrador).
      - To fix these, just edit ARRLSEC.DAT as described in the bug
      report and comments.
      2. Bug Report
#148<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=148&do=details>:
   The TAB and Shift-TAB keys don't move between all entry fields as expected.
   The only jump between call and received QSO number.  The space bar works OK
   (the same as CT), but it's really important in this contest to be able to
   "go backwards" by one field, so Shift-Tab should do what it does in CT and
   other Windows programs:  move the cursor to the previous field.  Yes, you
   can press the space bar 4 times to move backwards one field, but there
   ought to be an easier way.
   3. Bug Report
#149<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=149&do=details>:
   Obvious typos in ARRL Sweepstakes exchange fields are not caught.  You can
   put letters in the QSO number received, or Check fields; you can put numbers
   in the precedence field; and you can even leave everything but the callsign
   blank, and Win-Test will let you log the QSO without complaint.  So,
   watch what you type!  At a minimum, I don't Win-Test should let you log a
   QSO with any omitted (blank) exchange data.  It should move the cursor to
   the first blank field when you press $CR.
   4. Bug Report
#150<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=150&do=details>:
   Win-Test doesn't display the caller's original QSO number when you get
   called by a dupe.  What you see in the "Check Mult" window is your QSO
   number, instead of his original QSO number.  So you have to tell the
   duper "We worked before at 01:30 Zulu yesterday" instead of "We worked
   before; your QSO number 43."  I believe the exchange is so long in this
   particular contest that it's much better to tell them they're a dupe,
   especially when others are calling.  Note please:  this isn't the proper
   reflector for the great "It's faster to just dupe them" debate.
   5. Bug Report
#151<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=151&do=details>:
   Ctrl-F9 (Statistics) Window doesn't display the last three hours of the
   contest.

I think #148 and #149 are pretty important.  I hope Olivier and can make a
development build with at least those two items fixed before the ARRL CW
Sweepstakes contest starts at 2100Z Saturday.  A fix for #150 would be
really nice too.

The good news is that I loaded last year's Cabrillo log (from CT) into
Win-Test, and it scored everything properly once I fixed ARRLSEC.DAT.  The
Cabrillo output produced by Win-Test also looks just fine.