[WT-support] WT 3.17 - Five ARRL Sweepstakes bugs

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Nov 1 17:16:28 CET 2007

Hi Bob

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

>    1. Bug Report #147
>       <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=147&do=details>:
>       Section abbreviation bugs -
>           * NT will be recognized as NTX (North Texas) instead of as
>             Northern Territories.
>           * NWT ("Northwest Territories") will not be recognized as NT.
>           * NF (New Foundland) will not be recognized as NL (New
>             Foundland / Labrador).
>           * To fix these, just edit ARRLSEC.DAT as described in the bug
>             report and comments.

ARRLSEC.DAT updated.

Available here :

http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/ARRLSEC.DAT

>    2. Bug Report #148
>       <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=148&do=details>:  The
>       TAB and Shift-TAB keys don't move between all entry fields as
>       expected.  The only jump between call and received QSO number.
>       The space bar works OK (the same as CT), but it's really important
>       in this contest to be able to "go backwards" by one field, so
>       Shift-Tab should do what it does in CT and other Windows
>       programs:  move the cursor to the previous field.  Yes, you can
>       press the space bar 4 times to move backwards one field, but there
>       ought to be an easier way.

I (personnaly) will not take the responsability to hack the code for
this particular case. Shift-Tab is already used to allow Tab in the
secondary when the Shift key is binded to it. One may argue that in SO1R
Shift-Tab is not used etc. but there are so many potential side-effects
that I will not do it. Olivier may have another opinion.

>    3. Bug Report #149
>       <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=149&do=details>:
>       Obvious typos in ARRL Sweepstakes exchange fields are not caught.
>       You can put letters in the QSO number received, or Check fields;
>       you can put numbers in the precedence field; and you can even
>       leave everything but the callsign blank, and Win-Test will let you
>       log the QSO without complaint.  So, watch what you type!  At a
>       minimum, I don't Win-Test should let you log a QSO with any
>       omitted (blank) exchange data.  It should move the cursor to the
>       first blank field when you press $CR.

Implemented in our dvpt trunk. All fields must be filled for the QSO to
be entered. As elsewhere in WT, no syntax validity check is performed.

>    4. Bug Report #150
>       <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=150&do=details>:
>       Win-Test doesn't display the caller's original QSO number when you
>       get called by a dupe.  What you see in the "Check Mult" window is
>       your QSO number, instead of his original QSO number.  So you have
>       to tell the duper "We worked before at 01:30 Zulu yesterday"
>       instead of "We worked before; your QSO number 43."  I believe the
>       exchange is so long in this particular contest that it's much
>       better to tell them they're a dupe, especially when others are
>       calling.  Note please:  this isn't the proper reflector for the
>       great "It's faster to just dupe them" debate.

Implemented in our dvpt trunk.

>    5. Bug Report #151
>       <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=151&do=details>:
>       Ctrl-F9 (Statistics) Window doesn't display the last three hours
>       of the contest.

Stats are now displayed on three days.

The next nightly build will include all these various modifications.