[WT-support] WT under W2K

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 15:50:58 CEST 2007

Hi Nick

Nick Lekic a écrit :

> Hi Olivier/Larry
> Just to reiterate what happened here in hope to find out the answer.  I
> was also operating at VE3SY's in WPX this past weekend.  At one point
> one of the computers in M/2 network got restarted for a reason not
> related to Win-Test.   This computer was designated as a R2 in the
> Win-Test network.   When Win-Test was restarted , the radio designator
> somehow got reset to R1.
>
> In a nutshell, we ended up operating with two R1 stations on the network
> for several hours without actually noticing the problem which resulted
> in violating of the M/2 band-change rules.  Being new at Win-Test in
> multi op environment, embarrassingly enough we did not take notice for a
> long time :-). When Paul had found out what is going on, he changed the
> offending PC back to RUN2 and things returned to normal.
> We also noticed that neither computer in the network would retain its
> R1/R2 designator when restarting win-test.     When we tested this on
> some other computers running Win-Test we were unable to replicate the
> problem.

If you remember, could you please specify :

1/ Before the computer restarted (1st paragraph), was the "Sticky
setting" enabled or not ?

2/ When you restarted this computer, you say you were "R2". Had you
entered a QSO on the band you restarted on, at that time, as R2 ? I have
an idea but I have to dig... ;-)

TBH, I can't see any relation with the OS (W2K or not). WT doesn't rely
on such things, except for the internal CW generator !