[WT-support] WT under W2K

Nick Lekic ve3ey at rogers.com
Mon Mar 26 14:09:08 CEST 2007

Hi Olivier/Larry
Just to reiterate what happened here in hope to find out the answer.  I
was also operating at VE3SY's in WPX this past weekend.
At one point one of the computers in M/2 network got restarted for a
reason not related to Win-Test.   This computer was designated as a R2
in the Win-Test network.   When Win-Test was restarted , the radio
designator somehow got reset to R1.

In a nutshell, we ended up operating with two R1 stations on the network
for several hours without actually noticing the problem which resulted
in violating of the M/2 band-change rules.  Being new at Win-Test in
multi op environment, embarrassingly enough we did not take notice for a
long time :-).
When Paul had found out what is going on, he changed the offending PC
back to RUN2 and things returned to normal.

We also noticed that neither computer in the network would retain its
R1/R2 designator when restarting win-test.     When we tested this on
some other computers running Win-Test we were unable to replicate the
problem.

73,  Nick
ve3ey