[WT-support] FW: WinKey and Radio A/B control problems with WT + EZ Master

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Wed Mar 21 17:04:26 CET 2007

Steve,

> WinKey does not work at all.  There is no OFF/ON button inside the
> WinKey frame on the EZManager Advanced tab.  The only designation inside
> the EZManager WinKey frame is “WPM --“.  When the CW speed control pot
> on the front of the EZ Master is turned there is no WPM speed indication
> on this screen and WinKey speed is not displayed in the Rate Window
> inside WT, whether independent speed control is selected or not.  How do
> you turn on WinKey?
>

> Whenever Enable WinKey is checked on the EZMaster configuration screen
> WT will not send CW and PTT does not work.  If I turn off WinKey I can
> send CW using the WT F1-F7 keys and PTT works, but sending CW through
> the WinKey paddle input on the EZ Master does not work if WinKey Enable
> is selected or not.   The virtual COM port properties for DTR and RTS
> must be set to CW and PTT in order to send CW from WT.  If I change DTR
> and RTS to the EZMaster default settings (Always OFF) WT will not send
> CW and PTT does not work.

The only thing you have to do to get WT working with the EZMaster is to
configure its virtual COM port in Win-Test with the following settings:

19200, 8-bits, No Parity, 1 Stop Bit
DTR: CW
RTS: PTT

As soon as you validate the "Interface Configuration" window clicking on
OK, WT will initialize the EZMaster in Advanced Mode. If everything goes
fine, you will see the EZMaster Firmware version displayed in the bottom
of the logging area of Win-Test.

If you don't see that Firmware Version, then something is probably wrong
somewhere. Check the USB cables, try to reset the EZMaster, etc

Please note that you must exit EZManager before starting WT. As WT uses
the Advanced mode of EZMaster, it configures all the unit by itself. You
don't need to configure anything manually through any of the EZ Softwares.

HTH

Olivier / f5mzn