[WT-support] FW: WinKey and Radio A/B control problems with WT + EZ Master

Taylor, Steve staylor at photronics.com
Wed Mar 21 15:44:09 CET 2007

Oliver and Fabio,

I am having several problems with a new EZ Master installation.

WinKey does not work at all.  There is no OFF/ON button inside the
WinKey frame on the EZManager Advanced tab.  The only designation inside
the EZManager WinKey frame is "WPM --".  When the CW speed control pot
on the front of the EZ Master is turned there is no WPM speed indication
on this screen and WinKey speed is not displayed in the Rate Window
inside WT, whether independent speed control is selected or not.  How do
you turn on WinKey?

Whenever Enable WinKey is checked on the EZMaster configuration screen
WT will not send CW and PTT does not work.  If I turn off WinKey I can
send CW using the WT F1-F7 keys and PTT works, but sending CW through
the WinKey paddle input on the EZ Master does not work if WinKey Enable
is selected or not.   The virtual COM port properties for DTR and RTS
must be set to CW and PTT in order to send CW from WT.  If I change DTR
and RTS to the EZMaster default settings (Always OFF) WT will not send
CW and PTT does not work.

I am able to switch from Radio A to Radio B using the button on the
front of the EZ Master control panel, but Radio A/B switching does not
work from the WT keyboard using either the * or ALT-: command.   I am
not sure how Cap lock binds to secondary radio is supposed to work, but
when this option is selected nothing changes whenever Caps Lock is
pressed.

There is no option to select WinTest on the EZMaster Quick Console
screen.  Does this make any difference?  I am not sure which logging
program to select if running WT, so I have been using ANY Windows,
although I noticed the CW keying from WT seems to work a little more
smoothly when WRITELOG is selected.  Does which program is selected on
this screen matter?  BTW, I am getting a green "ON" button when the
virtual COM port is tested.

Tried installation using another PC with same results.  Also dropped
back to EZ Master V1.37 firmware but had the exact same issues.

Here are the S/W versions I am running:

EZ Master V1.40

EZ Manager V1.0.31

EZ Master Quick Console V1.0.15

WinTest V3.8.6

Radio A = FT1000MP

Radio B = IC-765

Using EZ Master factory cables to both radios.  No COM port or LPT port
connection between EZ Master and PC; using single USB cable only.

Is a configuration setup guide available for WT users?  I did not find
that in the EZ Master manual.

Any suggestions or assistance will be greatly appreciated!

73,

Steve - K5MR