[WT-support] Wintest - Telnet with via GPRS connected

Pablo - EA4TX ea4tx at ea4tx.com
Thu Mar 15 15:54:35 CET 2007

Patrick,

If you have only "1" Network adapter, your suggestion will not work, or you
will overload your GPRS link, re-sending all incoming traffic (from your
cluster) again to your GPRS Provider (broadcast address), so it's not a good
practice.

It's better that WtDxTelnet re-send the traffic over your loopback broadcast
address (127.255.255.255) so you assure the traffic is not again on the GPRS
Link, and WT can take it from the loopback broadcast address, without
aditional traffic.

This is a solution ONLY when you have only ONE computer and without a second
LAN adapter.

In your case 1.- this is clear, you have 2 adapters and your proposal is OK,
the 2.- option is a trick, but not a good method.... if you have only ONE
adapter, the loopback broadcast address is the best method... just my 2
cents on this topic.

Regards, Pablo - EA4TX

[J. Pablo GARCIA]  -----Mensaje original-----