[WT-support] Field Day

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jun 25 19:45:36 CEST 2007

Hi Paul

Paul Cassel a écrit :

> Is the program default 10 minutes????   If so, I can certainly see why the
> OFF time is so far off
>
> To assure a meaningful number I would suggest that this timer be part of the
> initial contest start-up settings and if ignored default to 30 min which
> appears to be the most common time for off times.

I think there is a misunderstanding abt the off-time(s)...

This calculation is mainly done to help the operator, to show him how
much time he spent on doing no QSO during that time. We always focus on
contesters results and loss of time is a major concern on this matter.

This is why the off-time threshold is set on 10 minutes by default. To
be honest, I even consider that having 10 minutes without any QSO is a
major problem ! For your information, I know some contesters (hello José
!) who set it to *one* minute ;-)  So, it is not dependent on the
contest, but rather on the operator and his implication in contesting.

Eudora error 503: Polite People Say HELO First