[WT-support] Merge problems

fredy.neuman at posten.se fredy.neuman at posten.se
Wed Jun 6 12:14:49 CEST 2007

Hello!

In CQWPX contest we made a multi-multi effort. We had no network connetion so the different logs have to be merged together to get a complete log. I started the work to merge 20 and 40 m logs without problem. That log was then merged with 80 m log without any problem. Now only one merge was still to go as 160m and 15 m was logged on same computer. This merge was made with problems. When I in merge first added 20/40/80-log and then 160/15-log I got a list with 124 QSO's that said to be merge-conflict. This was the 124 first QSO's in the 160/15-log and 124 QSO in the middle of the other log. The rest (about 400 QSO's were merged without any problem). I can't se any merge-conflict so I don't understand why it occurs. I then tried to do the merge the other way i e I first added the 160/15-log and then added the other log. This time I also got 124 QSO's with merge-conflict and from the 15/160-log it was the same QSO's as before but the conflict was this time with 124 other OSO's from the 20/40/80-log. Also here I can't se any reason for any conflict. The merge was first done with Vintest 3.7.0 and after an update also with 3.11.0 with same result with both versions. Anyone that can give a hint of why this occurs. I think the merge can be done manually if I take Cabrillo-files from both logs and cut and paste the QSO's together in one Cabrillo-file then importing it into Wintest, but I am not sure it works and I would like Wintest to do the job for me as that should be easier.

73 de Fredy / SM6FKF (op at SK6HD and SC300VL)