[WT-support] Merge problems

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jun 6 12:24:48 CEST 2007

Hi Fredy

fredy.neuman at posten.se a écrit :

> In CQWPX contest we made a multi-multi effort. We had no network
> connetion so the different logs have to be merged together to get a
> complete log.

(snip)

> I think the merge can be done
> manually if I take Cabrillo-files from both logs and cut and paste the
> QSO's together in one Cabrillo-file then importing it into Wintest, but
> I am not sure it works and I would like Wintest to do the job for me as
> that should be easier.

As you don't risk any "dupes" in your various logs, because the machines
weren't connected together, your can manually merge (meaning copy/paste)
every Cabrillo output log in a single Cabrillo file. Once done, import
this file in Win-Test, to create a .wtb file. Once done, self-merge it
(meaning : merge it with itself) with the merge function : You file will
be then sorted by date / time. My advice : Always proceed with backup
files ;-)

Hope this helps